Saturday, January 24, 2009

grown-up

So I am sixteen. And I feel... well, okay, honestly, I feel terrible. With the new semester comes four new classes, one of which is P.E. So Thursday and Friday we did conditioning, which is basically code for cruel and unusual methods of torture. There are lots of bleacher runs involved. Anyway, considering that I am more or less the least physical pain-tolerant person ever and I am totally out of shape and I'm (for the most part) too stubborn to sit anything out, I am completely encompassed by aches that never fade away and grow particularily unbareable when I move in any way. (It's the sitting up and getting down, mostly). Combine this with three hours of sleep, and you have not a great feeling at all.

But yesterday was still great, from being greeted in the morning with mocha cheesecake and a tub of cookies to meandering the halls in fourth block and talking about real clothes and political opinions (or lack there of), to eating desert sushi, to watching Emma Thompson and Dustin Hoffman be completely adorable and hilarious while listening to the old guy in front of us snore, to hugging Danielle twelve times when she had to go home, to failing at being stereotypical sleepover people, to ganging up on Heather about that guy we aren't allowed to talk about any more, to laughing hysterically about absolutely nothing at six in the morning, no matter how much our stomachs hurt. To finally attempting to fall asleep, surrounded by five of my favorite people and their various disgusting sleeping noises.

And even today, after I watched Titanic (why is it that I have to watch that movie every single time I know it's on, no matter how much I'd rather sleep?) and read the last Princess Diaries book (girlish squeal), I got on the computer and found twenty-one happy birthday wall posts and an incredibly poem by Emilea that made me want to sob really hard.

So all in all, I love my birthday.

Oh, yeah, not to mention that I am GETTING A NEW SHINY BEAUTIFUL CELL PHONE. I will definitely be staying away from any and all rivers in the future. :)

love,
Caroline

she just turned sixteen.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I watched Titanic yesterday AND today. I give up on trying to avoid it. It's too difficult.

Heather

AK Faison said...

AH!!!! I missed the alert on facebook because I was at an orienteering competition. Still...no excuse.

HAPPY LATE BIRTHDAY!!!!! WOOHOOO!!!!!

I'll have to bring a present to our audition.

And yes, I too cannot resist Titanic.

I love you, Caroline.

emilea said...

i just got audition info. sadly, it won't be including you and anna. : - ( okay, so the master class is at NINE. which means i have to be there at 8:30! (not like i'll be sleeping anyway, but just in case). and then my audition is at 4:30! i guess i haven't had an inconvienent schedule before. oh well.

i'm still excited. and nervous. gllad you got a new phone!!!! yes, please stay away from our dear, fondly remembered river. : - )

much love,
emilea

Caroline said...

Geesh. That IS inconvenient, Emilea... but you could probably go home in between the master class and interview, right? That is, if you could bear to part with the beautiful, beautiful, beautiful campus.

I haven't gotten my actual audition info yet, just the confirmation postcard that said they got my application.

I wish we were all together. :(