Sunday, May 24, 2009

I'll be out of my mind

I thought I'd post now because I'm pretty much content, and I figured I was due for a post in which I am not whining over the miserable state of my life. There is not much to be said. But I will rack my brain for some updates.


Oh, yes. On the miserable front, Quirky Apple the iPod has been stiefed! This makes me very distraught. It is my fault for leaving the poor guy all alone on the bleachers with my ravenous P.E. classmates, but the dratted mini skirt I was wearing provided no pocket room. I've learned from my mistake, so I guess I'll be playing four square with my purse on my arm from now on. Luckily, my mother is sympathetic and I am allowed to call the family iPod mostly my own until I can scrounge up the money for a replacement. Still, I am sad. It looks the same, but I miss the playlists that I never finished making, and the bat video, and whatnot.


But in happy musical news, my laptop is feeling very charitable this afternoon and it let me download the new owl city song, and it is LOVELY and just makes me smile. It belongs on the the Songs for Happy Dancing mix. Still waiting for the oppertune moment to ask about the concert, but I know it has to be soon. gah. I want to go so bad.

Oh, but I wanted to discuss an AMAZING discovery that we made on Friday. So me and Chloe went to Salvo, and dropped my application off at church, and then went to her house to hang out by the pool for a few hours, and all the while we were venting and feeling sad for ourselves/each other and developing escape plans and trying to make deals with Fate, and while this was all pretty entertaining and healthy and carthartic and whatnot, it was also kind of depressing. So we went upstairs to her room to look at something, and after we scanned all of the yearbooks she had for funny pictures, we found something infinitely better than yearbooks- PENCIL POWER.


If you forget/do not know what Pencil Power means, it was this book in elementary school that every student was forced to make a contribution to, so it is abundant with hilarious and in some cases humiliating drawings and stories created by people we know and love. The particular edition that Chloe still has is from second grade, so unfortunately there was nothing written/drawn by tiny Heather. But still, it was AMAZING. I know a picture is supposed to speak a thousand words, but in this case, that is not true. The hour spent reading these great little stories was one of the most side-splitting that I can remember. The funniest thing is how much everyone sounds like themselves. Well. That and the pure ridiculousness of it.


I really wanted to post my favorite stories up here, but unfortunately, I do not have Pencil Power anymore. I looked all about the house, and have so far had no luck in finding it. We will have to bring it out tomorrow after we become too raisin-like to swim anymore.


anyway, nothing more to report. Except, SCHOOL IS ALMOST OVER! I am thrilled and kind of sad at the same time. It will of course be quite a relief to not be dealing with essays, rubric-less projects, four square, mundane routine, freshmen, and et cetera, but I will miss seeing certain people. One of the upsides to BEACH is that I'll still get to spend every day with Allison(maybe, depending on the jaw issue), and Chloe, and Danielle, and the always amazing Blake, and occasionally see drama club people like Karli and Katlyn and Cami. And perhaps the swamp fox thing will actually happen. I hope so, because I miss theater, and November is a long time away.


Right. This is all, so I will leave you with a couple of images.


The new golf cart/Caroline's first car. It's great, isn't it? Grace and Jamie are insisting upon a makeover, but I love it just as is. Grass interior carpet, electric blue paint job, seahorse upholstery, picnic blanket ceiling and all. Once it's fixed, I think I will start going on leisurely drives about the neighborhood, just to see what kind of looks I get. :)


Me, Heather and Danielle's fabulous symbiosis hanging model, Mr. Hippo the rhinoceros with Squirrel the bird. I had little to do with its construction, because I am artistically challenged and therefore was given the job of Research Girl. But hey, it turned out amazing, so I won't complain.

That'll be all.

love you, miss you.

Caroline

and you'll be out of ideas pretty soon.


1 comment:

emilea said...

i <3 you caroline. i decided this year to make my own yearbook, which is fabulous! i love it. however, yearbook signing is plagued with awkwardness. because what are you supposed to do while someone is writing in it? you just stand there for a couple of minutes watching them write down words your children's children will look at fifty years from now. it's just a little strange.

btw, did you ever get my letter? i'm beginning to become distressed. i'm going to go off to the last week of charter-dom. it makes me sad. oh well.

much love,
emilea