Monday, July 13, 2009

so I'm officially leaving

Going on thursday. Four days in Pennsylvania, followed by six in Maryland. Cominghome on the twenty seventh, probably.


This is pretty much all I know about this trip. I really don't think my mother knows anything else. She told me to start packing today, so I asked what kind of clothes I would need, and she just shrugged. I asked what we'd be doing, and she said, "I've never been there. How should I know?"

She then added that she has heard the house and surrounding scenery (a lake? I think? she said it was 'on some sort of water') are very beautiful and that it will probably be a good time for me to write. I hope that she means because the nature will inspire you and not because you will be really, really, really bored.

I got so desperate the other day that I googled "things to do in Ocean City, Maryland" and found a list of... things to do in ocean city maryland. It did not look very promising.

I can't pretend I'm not glad to be getting out of town, though, no matter how unpromising this trip sounds. I've been dying to get out of here for months. I was so ridiculously happy on that short, tiny, one night trip upstate for BEACH.

This post is really short, because I'm not saying anything about what's actually occupying my mind right now. It's just too... gah. The main purpose of this letter, really, is to say that I'm going away for a week and a half and I'm not sure if I'll have internet access, so there will be no blogging or facebooking or e-mailing (this is mostly for Emilea; I don't want you thinking I'm mad at you again!).

But hey, Heather, how was Harry Potter? Good, great? Worth going to the theater and seeing again because I couldn't pay attention the entire time?

*slams head into wall* Can I call you and kind of freak out and vent about this later, or would that be totally weird? I really just need to word vomit and I'd call somebody else, but I've only told Chloe and Courtney about this and they're both out of town with their families. And I miss talking to you about stuff. Just let me know if it's okay or not. I just... I need someone. Gah.

I love and miss (or will miss) you all.
Caroline

just a kiss on the cheek, and I'm gone...

2 comments:

Heather said...

Call me. Please. It would be totally unfair if I said you couldn't. And I'm so sorry. Worth seeing again, yes. Though I still have to get the money to pay jess back for the first time, so I don't know about paying for it again. But we have a while since you're leaving tomorrow.

Can I just shoot the present? Can I just kill it and make it not exist, so our only choice is the past or future?

Heather

Caroline said...

Shooting the present sounds like an amazing idea. I will definitely try to come up with a way of making that possible for us.

We should go right when I come back. I can pay for tickets if you're still broke because I had to buy Cam's yesterday and he still owed me from X-Men so he just gave me a gift card to the theater as payback.